Ready in minutes, grilled salmon is packed with flavor. The spice rub infuses the filet with an incredibly tantalizing taste that’s sure to leave your family and friends begging for seconds! And then you top it off with a creamy avocado salsa that brings the entire dish together.
Don’t be afraid to try out this delicious and healthy meal – it will surely impress any guest or make for an easy but mouth-wateringly delightful weeknight dinner.
Ignite Your Passion For Grilled Salmon!
Grilling up a wild caught salmon is one of our favorite summertime recipes because it’s:
- Packed With Nutrition
Grilled salmon is an amazing way to enjoy a delicious, healthy meal in no time. It’s a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids which are essential for your brain and immune system, as well as aiding in weight loss. Salmon also contains selenium, phosphorus, magnesium and B vitamins. Plus, it’s naturally low in saturated fat, so you don’t have to worry about packing on the pounds when enjoying this tasty dish. Grilling salmon will bring out its natural flavor while adding a bit of smoky char from the heat of the grill – making it super simple to put together a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
- Easy To Cook
Ready in half an hour or less, this delicious grilled salmon dish is as easy to prepare as it is tasty. It’s a guaranteed dinner success!
- Tasty And Diverse
With the endless possibilities to enhance and add flavor to salmon, your taste buds will never be bored! Get creative in the kitchen and have fun experimenting with different spices. Deliciousness awaits!
Grilled salmon with avocado salsa
- 1 Grill or 11 inch (28cm) Griddle Pan
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Fish Spatula
- 1 Knife for Chopping
- 1 Smaller Bowl
- 4 big salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
For Avocado Salsa
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 red onion
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Marinating The Salmon
- In a large bowl, mix oil, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Slather or brush your favorite marinade over the salmon. Alternatively, allow it to soak in a shallow bowl or dish overnight for an even more flavorful result.
- Preheated your grill to the optimal temperature. For a gas grill, this should be between 375 and 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Thoroughly scrub the grill with a brush to clear away any remaining residue from past meals. Subsequently, apply oil to avoid food sticking when cooking.
- Grill your salmon - simply start by placing the fillet skin-side up on a preheated grill. Allow this side to cook for 5-7 minutes while you revel in all of the aromatic flavors that are being sealed into the fish. Or, sear the salmon on an 11 inch (28cm) griddle pan over a high flame for 6-8 minutes per side. Refrain from peeking under the lid.
- Use the fish spatula to carefully flip the salmon and let cook for additional 3-4 minutes. Consider basting with more marinade as it cooks if desired. Make sure not to overcook your filets - they should be done when reaching a temperature of 140 degrees F on a thermometer.
- Carefully remove your salmon from the grill, allowing it to rest for several minutes. This will help ensure that all of its flavor and succulence remain locked inside.
Making Avocado Salsa
- In a separate bowl, combine copped tomato and avocados, sliced red onion, the juice from one lime, 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Gently toss until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Take the freshly cooked salmon and generously spoon avocado salsa over it. To finish, sprinkle finely cut cilantro on top.
How To Grill Salmon Directly On Grill?
The traditional way to grill salmon is directly on your grill. Here is the best way to grill salmon:
- put the filets straight onto your grill,
- let them cook for a while,
- then flip and
This simple method has been used for many years by top grilling experts. You can even season or marinade it beforehand if desired – whatever takes your fancy! With our easy-to-follow guide, there’s no need to fear cooking perfect salmon on the grill anymore.
Before you begin grilling, be sure to brush the grill with oil so that your salmon doesn’t stick. Place the fish skin-side up and close the lid of your grill. Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until it flakes easily when tested in its thickest part; this indicates that it is cooked through thoroughly.
For the most delicious grilled salmon, we recommend a medium-high heat of 375 to 400 degrees F. This will give the fish a nice char while locking in all its moisture and avoiding overcooking.